Help...low compresion

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Help...low compresion
From: QAZX57A@prodigy.com (MR DANIEL R CAREY)
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 19:26:28, -0500
Bought a 1979 SPit that has sat for 5 years in the barn.....Previous
ownersaid had carb troubles..and he deeintely wasnt a DIY...so I  ;:

1. put some marvel oil in the plug holes..let sit for 1 week..
repeated
2, new engine oil was there when he stored it
3. put a little 5w30 in the valve cover
4. cranked slightly by wrench
5. cranked with starter..compression  1-75lb,2- 55 lb, 3-55lb, 4-
60lb
All compressions jump to 30 and grow bigger after a few cranks.....

Any ideas on good compression? Any suggestions what to do next
I may pull the head and do a valve job ...let me know,,please email
thanks, DAN

qazx57a@prodigy.com