Re: TR4 carb/piston problem

To: tr357@cdsnet.net
Subject: Re: TR4 carb/piston problem
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 13:05:02 EDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

> One piston has a slight resistance
>  when lifted, and the soft metallic "clic" when it drops.
>  The other,however, falls rapidly and "clunks". Will this make a
>  difference, and if so, how can I correct.

Dennis , the second one sounds more correct.  Check the needle for alignment
or bending.  What about the diaphrams? Both installed and no tears/rips?  Do
both carbs have the springs and the same amount/weight oil in the damper
chamber?  Also see if the piston is binding in its cylinder.  Cheers.

Art Kelly