Re: TR window Channels

To: Kenneth Brown <kbrown@trmx3.dot.ca.gov>
Subject: Re: TR window Channels
From: Mike Mason <mmason@lindenwood.edu>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 11:46:31 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

I just ordered some generic window channel replacement stuff from J.C.
Whitney, because I too hated to pay the hundred plus bucks to replace the
channels.  It hasn't come in yet (ordered on the 13th and they said it was
shipped on the 21st).

There was only one style that looked like it might fit.  If it works, it
will be $17.00 instead of $120.00+, which I can live with.

When I was in High School (back about the time water was invented) I
remember hearing that, "If you get it from Whitney, it probably won't
fit-ney!"  But I've gotten a lot of generic stuff from them over the
years, much of which you can't find anywhere else, and most often it fits
or can be made to work.

I'll let you know what happens,

Windowless in St. Louis, (of course I tear things apart before I have the
replacement parts ;-)

Michael