Re: TR window Channels

To: Kenneth Brown <kbrown@trmx3.dot.ca.gov>
Subject: Re: TR window Channels
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 10:11:58 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Wed, 27 May 1998, Kenneth Brown wrote:

> Is there anyway to redo the felt inside the window channels. I noticed the big
> 3 did not sell any kind of kit. TRF has the complete channel and mounts on
> sale, while Moss has just the channels. Any recommendations from anyone who
>has
> done either route?
>
> Ken
> TR 250

        I may still have a catalogue from a company that sells the channels
        alone... I rebuilt mine before TRF had their units available.
        Surprisingly I think the company is in PA. The hardest part was
        placing the old mounts on the new channels... the channels have
        to be drilled out and rivetted in place. the standard pop riveter
        will have to be modified or you will have to find very small bolts
        to hold the pieces together.

        To be honest, if TRF had offered replacements back in 87 when I was
        rebuilding mine, I would have bought them.

        If you want, I'll look up the company and bring in the address
        tomorrow.

        Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois