Re: Removing Dim/Dimmer/Off Rheostat

To: Cliff Hansen <chansen@exis.net>
Subject: Re: Removing Dim/Dimmer/Off Rheostat
From: Allen Nugent <A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 13:27:14 +1000 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
At 22:09 27/05/98 -0400, you wrote:

>Since the thing only has three settings (dim, dimmer, off), I am tempted
>to simply connect the wires behind the dash, leaving the switch in just
>for show.

Mine plays up, too (dash lights go out and i have to twiddle the knob to get
them back), so I'm inclined to disconnect it. I'd like to devote it to
something else, but I haven't thought of anything yet. Any suggestions?

(I thought of using it to adjust the output level of the phaser banks, but I
don't think the Lucas alternator would survive the first discharge cycle.)

Allen Nugent
Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering
University of New South Wales
Sydney  2052  Australia