Re: u-joints

To: toad@nlights.net
Subject: Re: u-joints
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 16:20:49 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Will,
That was a "secret".  Now you let the cat out of the bag!!!

In actuality, after my experience, I would caution against grinding the
cups.  I found that after doing that, the flange must have regained its
original shape, because in a short while, the clunk was back and
apparantly was caused by the cup being too small.  I replaced the
U-Joint again and it magically went away.

It is my humble opinion that those yokes are easily compressed, giving
the impression that the U-Joints are too long for the clips to fit.  I
would recommend if anybody experiences this phenominum, to try to expand
the flange rather than grinding the cups.

The operative word here is "patience"

Regards,
Joe Curry

--