Re. Fish Oyl

To: <Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re. Fish Oyl
From: "David Hill" <David_J_Hill@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 21:00:36 +0100
Allen Nugent wrote,,,

I've been unable to find Waxoyl, down here. We do have something like it,
called  "Fish Oyl" (sp?). The can says it's made from deodourised fish oils:
liars! For a couple of weeks after an application, you have to keep chasing
cats away from the car! Seems to work ,though

Well, Allen, it makes sense. Have you ever seen a rusty fish?

In the UK, old engine oil is often used inside box sections-messy but
effective. I've also made up cocktails of old oil, new oil, unwanted paint
etc. In the 'Practical Classics' tests, done by Brian Cox, Dinitrol products
came out best but they are expensive.

Body rot is a serious problem in the UK, especially within a few miles of
the coast. Underneath cars, I like to use something which goes nearly dry
and can be applied fairly thickly (like Tectyl). However, most rot starts in
box sections so it makes sense to give those a really good application.

On baroque, chrome-laden cars-like triumphs-I also use an oil can to force
waxoyl or whatever behind all the body trims and mouldings, especially round
clips and other fasteners. In this country, even bumpers go into holes if
left untreated.

Cheers,

Dave hill