Re. Brakes, again.

To: <Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re. Brakes, again.
From: "David Hill" <David_J_Hill@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 20:51:06 +0100
Hello Listers,

I'm still not happy with the brakes on the 2.5PI. I've replaced the discs,
pads, rear hydraulics, master, etc. The servo (booster) is working fine and
there are no leaks, nor does the car pull to one side.

The snag is, the brakes have no feel. It's just as though the discs have
been greased.

Jumping really hard on the pedal will lock all four wheels but the braking
effect is all or nothing.

Could it be the pads? These are Unipart GBP292AF, listed as suitable for all
the 2000 saloons, Rover SD1 (not Vitesse) Stag to '77 and Bedford CF2. If
these are particularly hard, they don't become hot enough to feel the
benefit.

Has anyone any ideas, or experience of a pad brand which works well?

Thanks in advance,
Dave Hill