Re: OD Gear shift Knob

To: Chris Oliver <coliver@sprintmail.com>
Subject: Re: OD Gear shift Knob
From: Edward Hamilton <hamilton@ptd.net>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 09:51:03 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Chris,
The "cap" on the gearshift knob, that houses the switch, needs to be pried
off.  On the backside (toward the dash) you will find a slight indent for a
small screwdriver to pop it off.  You will find two wires to the switch with
pin connectors.  Pull them off and the cap and switch is free.  The
remainder of the knob is held onto the shifter by a nut which threads on the
shaft of the shifter -- you'll find it at the base (inside) the knob.
You'll need some narrow needle nose pliers to get it good-an-tight when you
reassemble it.

Best regards,
Ed Hamilton
'80 Spitfire