Re: parking brake never stuck TR7

To: Allen Nugent <A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au>
Subject: Re: parking brake never stuck TR7
From: john derbyshire <jderbyshire@maxon-hq.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 07:35:33 +0100charset="US-ASCII"
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Mmdf-warning: Parse error in original version of preceding line at post.mail.demon.net
Recieved: from jderbyshire by post_new.maxon-hq.co.uk (8.8.7) id CAA03593; Sun, 30 Mar 1997 02:20:50 +0100
>You guys are starting to make me feel bad. You can't even tell if my TR7's
>handbrake is on when you drive away.
>
>It failed rego (MOT, whatever) last year, and I replaced the cable; I set
it
>as tight as I could without binding the rear wheels. It still takes two
>hands to pull it up 3-4 clicks (about 30 degrees to the horizontal), and
>only holds a gentle grade.

Try replacing the self adjust mechanism, the rivets that hold it all
together get really loose over time, and the adjusters don't work.

I had this problem, and after changing the cable, drums, shoes, all that was
left was the adjusters, changed them and the handbrake ( parking brake was
great)

Now all I need to do is get the front brakes going so they slow the car,
rather than just lock the wheels, all thats left to replace is the flexible
hoses, I think I'll try Stainless Steel Braided ones, did wonders to my
spitfire.