Advice needed - TR6 Crankshaft thrust washers

To: Peter.Hore@dhs.vic.gov.au
Subject: Advice needed - TR6 Crankshaft thrust washers
From: Peter.Hore@dhs.vic.gov.au
Date: Mon, 25 May 98 11:48:34 +1000
Cc: adixon@loudoun.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Dear Listers

I need advice about the end-float for my TR6 crankshaft.

My engine is out on the garage floor and I was able to use a friends dial
indicator to test crankshaft for end-float by moving it in and out. It is
about .009" (or 9 thou.?).

The engine is not apart but seems to be fine otherwise; do I need new
thrust washers?

I was hoping to avoid a dose of shipwrights disease on the motor as I have
got that disease on nearly every other major component of my 6!

Peter H
73/74 TR6 13471U