RE: transport advice

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, "'CCampb8169'" <CCampb8169@aol.com>
Subject: RE: transport advice
From: "Linda Long (IM)" <LLong@Kollmorgen.com>
Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 21:46:16 -0400
Hello,
I've transported numerous TR's using Uhauls's "AutoTRansport".  They use
to have wenches on them which made it real slick to get non-running cars
up the ramp.  They took those off several years ago due to a couple of
lawsuits.  Now you'll have to get some neighborhood kids to help push.
You'll need a full size truck or van or a rear wheel drive minivan.  If
you use uhaul and since there are no odometers on the trailers a neat
way to finesse the system is as follows.  You say we are starting in NJ,
so rent the trailer some where along the way, say Harrisburg or
Pittsburgh and tell them you are renting it one way to NJ.  Then go on
to Illinois, pick up the prize TR and return to NJ.  This will be
cheaper than picking it up in Illinois and, surprisingly, even cheaper
than renting it local and returning it to the same spot.

bye for now

Tom Long

64TR4
68TR250