TR-6 lover seeks to be reunited with my passion

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR-6 lover seeks to be reunited with my passion
From: Paul Comi <copierguyy@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 22:38:43 -0700
Hello all!  My name is Paul Comi and I am also a big fan of Triumph
sportscars. In the mid 80's I had a white 1974 1/2 TR-6 that I
faithfully restored myself to fairly solid condition.  My parents
cornered me into selling it and I have regretted it ever since.

Now, over 10 years later, I have a garage of my own, a good paying job
and a burning desire to get my hands dirty again.

The one thing I was always unhappy with though was the carburetion. I
had twin Strombergs and I never seemed to get the power out of the car
that I wanted. Since I am now in a position to choose another TR-6 I am
wondering what year I should buy. 74 had smog stuff on it and I am
wondering if other years would be better for various reasons
(availability of parts, power, etc...)

I am open to your input and expect to share a lot of good tips and
experiences in the future. Later