Re: TR6 Crankshaft thrust bearings - Final word

To: Andy <adixon@loudoun.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Crankshaft thrust bearings - Final word
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 14:11:04 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Andy,
Thank you.  As you have clearly witnessed, there are two ways to install
the thrust washers. 1. The correct way (outward away from the main
bearing) and 2. the incorrect way (any other combination).  The grooves
are to provide lubricating oil a path to work its way between the
bearing surfaces.  Without this channel, you can see the result.

Regards,
Joe Curry

--

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer