Re: Fuel Pump

To: Tim Clayton <clayts@vegasnet.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel Pump
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 10:22:40 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Sat, 23 May 1998, Tim Clayton wrote:

> My 63 TR4 has an electrical fuel pump (and voltage converter), so can I
> just go into Pep Boys and get any fuel pump as replacement???

I'm guessing the voltage converter flips the polarity, so that you can use
a negative ground accessory in a positive ground car...?

If so then you will need to ensure that the PepBoys fuel pump will not
ground itself out when you bolt it onto the car.  If the mounts on the
pump are all plastic, and there's no metal-to-metal contact, then my guess
would be that it's OK to stick a cheap one on.

Be careful though, short circuits + gasoline = bad news

-Malcolm