Re: Rockerpanel dismantling tips

To: sharythur@email.msn.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Rockerpanel dismantling tips
From: Lftlesl <Lftlesl@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 17:01:08 EDT
In a message dated 98-05-22 12:55:28 EDT, sharythur@email.msn.com writes:

<< What is the best way to remove the old rocker panels on a TR6? >>
I am currently in the middle of cutting off the rusted sills and rocker panels
on my TR3B. The floors are also coming out. The rocker panels came off fairly
easily using a cold chisel and ball peen hammer. I bought a cutoff tool for my
air compressor (great toy) and am using it to get rid of the rotten sills. I'm
just cutting a little bit at a time, then holding the new sill up to the car,
to make sure it will fit. I've never done anything like this before, and I
want to make sure I don't cut off too much. I do recommend the cutoff tool!
Cheers,
Les Landon
1962 TR3B