Re: More Tyres

To: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Subject: Re: More Tyres
From: "Don J. Howard" <dhoward@jht.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 16:09:39 -0400
Cc: "'Bob Lang'" <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>, "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Each plus is 1 inch bigger wheel with a 10 drop in aspect ratio, tread
width held more or less constant.  Example 185/80/15 tire and wheel
would be replaced with 185/70/16 tire and wheel for Plus 1, or
185/60/17 tire and wheel for plus 2.  I do not think such tires and
wheels exist as standard production.  The whole plus 1, plus 2, is of
recent vintage, and makes sense when applied to regular Detroit iron or
the Rice Burners, but doesn't exactly work with cars like a TR 6.
Besides I think our LBC's look odd with real narrow sidewalls.

Cheers, Don J. Howard