Re: TR6 (late) used fender availability

To: rgb@exact.com
Subject: Re: TR6 (late) used fender availability
From: Brian Ricker <brianr@mvp.net>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 16:16:49 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
> >Oddly enough all 4 fenders are missing.
>
> Really, its about $900 for the TRF fender kit, all four and mounting
> packages.  The replacements fit rather well.  This can not be said
> of some of the other parts...

Ok, their latest price list for spring shows the kit for all 4 at
~$1150 + $25 ea for the mounting kit.

> The frame, the frame, the frame, and rust in the tub.  You
> really need a solid TR6 nut to go with you and/or show you
> the points of interest.  Its really easy to get fooled.

The tub underneath the boot I assume?

> Call me and I can explain better, schedule a phone day/time and
> I'll give you a number for a 10 minute call.
>
> >Did all late US cars come with OD
>
> No, about 10% originally, now maybe 25% have them, its a $1k addition.

I got that misinformation from the Illus Triumph Buyers Guide 2nd ed.
It claims all post '74 cars have overdrive (which I thought sounded
fishy)

> >sitting for 3 years
>
> Odd length of time, I'd prefer 10 years or not at all, 3 is really
> bad, meaning someone has been messing with it for the last 8 years...

I think this is an accurate description of the situation, probably 8
years is accurate, I think it has suffered 2 aborted attempts to
revive it.

> And what is your purpose.  Most folks, especially the ones on this
> list like to take the cars apart and store them in the garage...
> For this purpose, most any car will do!

I'd like to drive it :). I already have enough non-moving parts in
the garage.