RE: Am I crazy?? TR6 wiring harness

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Am I crazy?? TR6 wiring harness
From: peb3@cornell.edu (Philip E. Barnes)
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 12:51:49 -0400
The discussion so far:
>...and a pair of super bright H4 halogen headlights...
>
>Craig, I know this is not what you asked about but FWIW, my TR6 seems to
>have come stock with H4 lights (Bosch). At least they have been on the car
>for the 16 years I have owned it. No wiring problems with that part of the
>harness.

I have used Cibie European pattern lenses with H4 bulbs forever. What Craig
may be alluding to is the availability of different bulbs to go in these
lamps. These type (quartz halogen) bulbs are generally brighter than
conventional tungsten lamps, but different wattages are available. Most
common are the 55W/60W bulbs, but they are available in 55W/100W and
80W/100W as well. These bulbs are generally found at motorcycle shops.
While I have been told they are illegal for road use, they work great on
rally cars. The high-watt lamps may be too much for stock switches and
wiring.

Ask a ralliest about lights...

Phil Barnes (peb3@cornell.edu)
'71 TR6  CC61193L (21 year owner)

There is absolutely no substitute for a genuine lack of preparation.