re:TR6 front suspension

To: "triumph.mail" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: re:TR6 front suspension
From: "Adrian Tedder" <teddera@MNSi.Net>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 17:33:26 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
  Marty
    You may want to consider rebushing the upper and lower parts of the
front suspension.  This leads to an opportunity to have a detailed look at
all the components. I also experienced some front end noise and thought it
prudent to take a look.  I found that on the left side the trunnion threads
and vertical link threads were worn to the point of being downright
dangerous.  The right side were in near perfect condition.  Ball joints etc
are relatively inexpensive and you may find it well worth the peace of mind
to simply replace components you suspect are worn.  The rebuild is not too
difficult, (following manual).  I tend to agree with Gernot that any tool is
a good investment.  Good luck.

Adrian
73 TR6