Re: Cleaning Tape Advesive from New Luggage Rack

To: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Subject: Re: Cleaning Tape Advesive from New Luggage Rack
From: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 15:01:12 -0400
Cc: William Elliott <William.Elliott@mail.mei.com>, IPM Return Requested <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, IPM Return Requested <tom_winslow@email.msn.com>
Gregory Petrolati wrote:
> On Tue, 19 May 1998, William Elliott wrote:
> > Tonight I have tried: Nail Polish remover,
> > fantastic, soft scrub, goop, and just hard work. No luck.
> > I cannot get the adhesive off of the chrome.
> > What should I try next?

I would suggest 3M's "Tar and Adhesive Remover".  This works
really well at removing all the adhesives I've tried to get
off of things.  It even succeeded in removing the original
header rail seal from my TR6 hardtop, which was held on with
something which seemed to have been akin to superglue...

--ken
VTR WWW Maintainer -- http://www.vtr.org

--
Kenneth B. Streeter         | EMAIL: streeter@sanders.com