Re: Cleaning Tape Advesive from New Luggage Rack

To: tom_winslow@email.msn.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Cleaning Tape Advesive from New Luggage Rack
From: WBabbitt <WBabbitt@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 20:27:18 EDT
Tom wrote:
My luggage rack arrived today from my TR4A from Moss Motors. The rack and
brackets look good - but, three is a problem.

Whoever pack the rack taped the brackets directly to the rack. UPS left the
rack in the hot sun today (until I got home). Now I cannot get the adhesive
off of the brackets and rack. Tonight I have tried: Nail Polish remover,
fantastic, soft scrub, goop, and just hard work. No luck. I cannot get the
adhesive off of the chrome.

What should I try next?

Believe it or not: peanut butter or cooking oil.
Good luck,
Bill