TR twaddle!

To: jonmac@ndirect.co.uk
Subject: TR twaddle!
From: Dave Terrick <dterrick@pangea.ca>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 09:26:54 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
John,

...just getting back from our Victoria Day long weekend and I was very glad
(and highly amused) by your story of the 27 year old car "salesman".
Ho,ho ha,ha,hehe,  take that. Sorta reminds me of my very first Miata ride
- ah, um - drive....

The first M#$#$ arrived in Winnipeg a gleaming red with all the toys.  I
was employed by the Royal Bank, wearing a suit on that particular sunny
summer day, and driving my 65 TR4a freshly painted in Tremclad white.

"Yes, we can go for a test" the salesman said.  Apparently they were a bit
protective of the cars just yet - as it was the only one.  To shorten the
story, nobody yet had gotten the 2/3 shift right  as of then(so he said).
I did, and as I doubled down into 2nd to round the u turn, hard on the
power, into 3rd and back into the dealership, the salesman was looking a
bit pale.

"What did I think, handles pretty good - I can tell you drive your
sportscar hard" he says.

"Yes, I replied,   I race.... car looks and sounds fantastic but it sure
needs better tires!"

Dave Terrick
Winnipeg.
Dave Terrick