Re: TR3 Fan Belt

To: "Jack I. Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Subject: Re: TR3 Fan Belt
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 16:16:00 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

On Mon, 18 May 1998, Jack I. Brooks wrote:

> I now have the greatest of admiration for all those listers who have
> changed a TR3 fan belt on the side of a road.  I noticed a nasty split and
> changed mine in my garage, with a floor jack, jack stands and good lighting.

When and If the TR4 returns to the road, my spare fan belt will be in the
form of a link-belt- a product that comes in pieces that fit each other (a
bit like a daisy chain, more like the caterpillar track of a tank).

In fact I saw a TR3B in a magazine that had a permanent replacement with
this stuff.  Apparently it reduces vibration as well, and transmits more
power.  Not too cheap tho, at $8 a foot, but better than running with
nothing.

-Malcolm