Re: TR3 Fan Belt

To: vafred@erols.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR3 Fan Belt
From: cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil (Bruce T. Clough)
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 12:52:49 -0400
Send away Fred.  I've had more than enough fun with replacing fan belts.  I'm
now running a cogged 17mm X 965mm(?) belt.  It seems a bit narrow at first, but
the wear doesn't seem to be too bad.  Am monitoring the wear, though.  It's a
lot easier to slip a 17mm belt between the radiator an fan than a 19mm.  20mm
is damn near impossible, especially on the side of the road.   I agree that the
20mm X 900mm is a joke.  You have to remove the generator to mount, and then
one has no adjustment.  I use them for "Fan Belt Toss" contests, not on the
cars!

Bruce Clough "that BATMAN guy..."