Re: Voltage Stabilizer ??

To: tomomalley@hey.net (Tom O'Malley)
Subject: Re: Voltage Stabilizer ??
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 23:26:51 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Tom,

Yeah, I'm chasing the vibrating fuel and temp guage problem!!

I ended up swapping out the stabilizer as you and Randy Potter
suggested.  If it was polarity sensative then I had a 50/50 chance
that it would be wired right.  Well, as my luck goes I had it
backwards!  I swapped the wires around and it sure did correct the
vibrating guages.  The temp guages has a real slight vibration but it
doesn't last but a spit second or so.  Other than that the problem
seems to have disappeared.  Now all I have to do is figure out which
fuel tank sender I have installed.  According to Joe Curry, the 1500
fuel sender/tank is different than the Mk1 sender/tank.  I had put a
1500 tank in mine since the original was trashed.  Didn't realize
there was a difference.  With my tank full the gauge only shows 3/4
tank.  So next time I get a low level in the fuel tank I'm going to
swap sending units and see what happens.

Thanks

Brad  (In Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)

1964 Spitfire4            BFC25720L (In "Teething" Mode right now)
1966 TR4A                CT72398L (Slowly gathering the needed parts)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Frame painted, now suspension)