Voltage Stabilizer ??

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Voltage Stabilizer ??
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 22:18:20 -0600
A month or so ago the list help me determine that my voltage
stabilizer is not functioning properly.  I ordered one from VB since
they were the only ones that listed a stabilizer for a Mk1 spitfire.

What concerns me is WHY would only VB be able to get this little
beast?  My car is still positive ground.  Is there something in the
stabilizer that is polarity sensitive?  The two connections on the
replacement stabilizer are not in the same spots so I"m not sure
which wires go where or if it makes any difference.  Can someone
explain these things to me and point me in the right direction?

TIA

Brad  (In Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)

1964 Spitfire4            BFC25720L (In "Teething" Mode right now)
1966 TR4A                CT72398L (Slowly gathering the needed parts)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Frame painted, now suspension)