Front End Rebuild? More Trouble With Trunnions

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Front End Rebuild? More Trouble With Trunnions
From: SCB963 <SCB963@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 20:36:57 EDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
So, folks, if the body of the trunnion moves up and down, independent of the
lower wishbone a distance of, say, 3/8ths of an inch and is accompanied by an
icky clunking noise, that's a bad thing, right?

Moreover, if the upper wishbone balljoint assembly is capable of moving
laterally (ie,  perpendicular to the centerline of the car), independent of
the upper wishbone, again accompanied by said icky clunking noise, that is
likewise an ill omen?

Are the front wheels on the way to falling off?

Can I assume a rebuild is called for here?  The car will be seeing some track
time in the next several weeks, if I ever stop finding things needing to be
fixed.  If it's likely to fall apart, I guess I'll have to tear it apart or
have it done.

Who makes the best replacements for these parts?

Scott Barr
scb963@aol.com
scott.barr@mccarty-law.com
72 GT6