TR6 - Head Modifications

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 - Head Modifications
From: "S. Smart" <75270.3703@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 18:32:11 -0400
>>I have a 73 TR6, that had an engine rebuilt about 8,000 miles ago, with
the car now being exempt from California smog regulations,  I will be
having the following work performed on the cylinder head:

1.  Having the head milled down to 9.5:1 or 10:1 compression.<<

I don't think milling the head is the way to go.  Better to install new
pistons.  The head should only be worked on for flatness.  (Aside from your
port and polish job).

There was a speed shop called PAECO, 1-800-326-6401, in Birmingham AL.
Haven't used them in a few years so I hope they are still around. They
supplied everything from complete engines, to kits, to parts and shop
services.

scott s.