TR4 slave boot

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR4 slave boot
From: "Linda Long (IM)" <LLong@Kollmorgen.com>
Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 09:19:20 -0400
Listers,
I'm looking for any clues from those that experienced a minor problem I
am trying to fix.  The rubber boot on my clutch slave keeps coming
loose.  Over a small amount of time the push rod "pulls" the boot off
the slave.  The advice I get from the "skilled 19 year old mechanics" at
the local parts store is to put a radiator clamp on it (maybe this
explains why there are so many DPO's out there).  Surely there is a
better, less obtrusive, method to solve my problem.  Any thoughts.

Plus if the boot is worked loose and I don't return it at once, what
type of damage might I experience?

bye for now

Tom Long
  "It's better to burn out than it is to rust"
                               - Neil Young