Car showing-

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Car showing-
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 14:13:19 -0700
Cc: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
With several of the comments about individuals possibly intimidated buy all
the "show cars" and worried about showing their maybe "not so pristine"
vehicle let me just say.  I love seeing ALL the cars at these shows.  Sure
I like to see beautifully restored vehicles.  I myself have won numerous
best of show and gold awards for both my cars.  That's not really why I go.
 I go for the comradery, and to meet all the individuals there, here their
stories, trade ideas and now, to meet many old (and new) friends I have met
at these shows.  I have NEVER, and will never look down at somebody who
brings in their 'not so perfect' car.  I never really thought about it
until it was brought up by some other individuals.  If they are sincere,
ask questions, just want to talk about their car etc. I am always willing
to give them whatever help or encouragement I can.  I have learned many
things over the years from others at these shows and continue to do so.
Please don't feel intimated by those who may act a little snobby as I feel
the number of individuals of this caliber are in the vast minority.  Take
it out and enjoy.  Who knows, you might just walk away with a trophy.  I've
seen many a bone stock, all ORIGINAL, complete with road dings and dirt win
over "over restored trailer queens" as they are sometimes called.  All you
have to remember is treat every ones car as a "perfect pristine" one.  Feel
free to ask about most anything.  Most car enthusiast love to talk about
their travels and cars, whatever condition they are in.  And after all,
most of the British car shows I've gone to have really been just a
gathering of enthusiasts all in one place for a weekend or two of "British
car" stuff!!  Just GREAT fun, and half the fun is driving to these events!!
 So get out and ENJOY!!  I hope to see you there-

72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire