Mk1 Spitfire Softop Help needed

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Mk1 Spitfire Softop Help needed
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 16:14:11 -0600
Could someone out there that has a mk1 or mk2 spitfire verify for me
how to install the bar that fastens to the hooks on the trailing
edge of the cockpit.  I received the Robbins top for my Mk1 Spitfire
and there is no method of inserting the bar into the top.  I've
talked to the technical support people at Robbins Tops and they
haven't run into this problem before.  If I remember right from 20
years ago there is a slit at one end of the sewn pouch where the bar
goes and you just slide the bar in from there.

TIA

Brad  (In Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)

1964 Spitfire4            BFC25720L (In "Teething" Mode right now)
1966 TR4A                CT72398L (Slowly gathering the needed parts)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Frame painted, now suspension)