Re: Bumper originality

To: sdecker@bellsouth.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Bumper originality
From: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@virginia.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 07:42:00
Hi Scott,
     You asked:

>My GT6+ has an unusual front and rear bumper configuration I'm trying to
>figure out.  There is an inverted u-shaped chrome bar on top of and
>connected to the front (stock) bumper, and the same arrangement on the back
>connecting the two rear corner bumpers.  None of the books, pictures,
>previous GT6's I've owned, or any I've ever seen personally have these.

That sounds like the Amco aftermarket bumper overriders.  I've seen
a couple of those, and seen a couple for sale for rather large amounts
of money.  They were reasonably popular when the cars were new, and I
believe that they might have been available as a dealer installed
option (although many dealers would be happy to stick anything on the
cars if it increased their profit!).  Most were owner installed, though,
I'd bet.

later,

John Lye
rjl6n@Virginia.edu