Re: TR6 bumper - no boobs 74, 75, 76

To: lee.k.janssen@lmco.com
Subject: Re: TR6 bumper - no boobs 74, 75, 76
From: rgb@exact.com
Date: Wed, 13 May 10:16:21 1998
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

Assuming this is a 74 and not the 74.5, you have the same
bumpers as a 73, plus holes in the front and notches in the rear.
Dependent on the condition of your bumpers...

You can  have them rechromed and just plug the front holes, they
make chrome snap plugs perfect for this and place a 1/4" spacer
over the rear mount points to maintain the clearance on the 74.

This leaves the rear notches showing, but its not too obvious and
doesn't bother me on mine.  Otherwise use '73 parts.  You could
even have these welded up prior to the rechroming...

Keep the brackets and boobs for the 74, these are extremely rare
and some idiot (like myself) might pay $$$ for a complete set of
brackets.

Roger
(75/76 need the same 1/4" spacer in the rear, but have no notches,
 I actually believe these cars with the higher bumpers look nice
 without the boobs even with the extra spacing front/rear)

--
Roger G. Bolick, rgb@exact.com 512-794-9567, FAX 512-345-2879