brakes locking

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: brakes locking
From: <rtriplett@bjservices.com> (Richard Triplett)
Date: Tue, 12 May 98 13:11:35 CDT
I've noticed a strange problem with the brakes on my TR3A, which I rebuilt
about six months ago: When stopping the brakes will slightly hold pressure
on the front discs, then release after moving a few feet.  There seems to
be no noticable wear on the pads or discs,  though they do get too hot to
touch after much stop and go driving.  I installed new lines, seals, MC,
and pistons, and am running silicone fluid.  The discs and calipers are not
new.  Is this normal, or cause for alarm?  All I can figure is the pistons
are sticking, but I checked the pistons and calipers for clearnace before
installing, oh yes, it is doing it on both sides.  Could I have a defective
MC? Thanks in advance.

Richard Triplett
62 TR3A
78 Spitfire