Re: re Furflex Trim

To: kevin huff <khuff@skyenet.net>
Subject: Re: re Furflex Trim
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 06:08:44 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
>Question? What came first Furflex or the cloth bound rubber gaskets? I had
>heard that furflex was original. But on my 70 GT I took off what I thought
>was original, which is the cloth bound ........As I was paticular at the
>time I found a supplier in Chicago that had the cloth/rubber in the two
>sizes I needed.
The original (to my knowledge) on all GT6's (as well as Spitfires) was the
Furflex, the cloth covered variety can be purchased through J.C. Whitney
(?), will work, and is VERY similar to the Furflex, but has a slightly
larger rubber bulb dia.  Apparently, the source for the original Furflex
also makes this for use in Ferraris and it's becoming increasingly hard to
come by.  Last I heard, it was no longer being manufactured!

72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire