re Furflex Trim

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: re Furflex Trim
From: "Chris Leah" <crl@intekom.co.za>
Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 22:34:10 +0200charset="iso-8859-1"
Following on from Scott and Brad's comments on Furflex trim, I ordered some
for the Spitfire some time ago from Moss UK when I was doing the
restoration. No ways did it resemble what was shown in the Parts Catalog and
because of the time and cost of sending it back to the UK, I cut back the
rubber
facing on the trim where the clips should go to fit the clips. Not an easy
job and I had quite a
battle getting the clips on as I still left the facing on the side against
the door, but it can be done.
However, I am concerned about the possibility of the metal rusting where the
rubber facing was cut back , although the metal did look as though it was
plated.
I am not sure whether you will find any better than currently on offer
nowadays as this is probably used for all LBC's from Heralds to TR7's to
MG's and the like.

Chris Leah
Durban, South Africa
'66 Spitfire Mk2