oil pressure TR6

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: oil pressure TR6
From: Gernot Vonhoegen <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 14:02:56 +0100
G'day...
After my lst oil change, I noticed, that the oil pressure gauge needle
approaches 7kg when running cold. Idle is about 5kg. Now is 7 too high
and should the (a) pressure relief valve activate? Nothing to say
against a good oil pressure, but I fear that may be the oil filter is
getting bypassed or some other horror. May be the wrong filter, I bought
it at the local Halfrauds, as I didn't want to mail order one. He said,
the filter is identical with the PI one(mine is a '74 carb), which
sounds reasonable to me, but must not have been reasonable for Triumph.

Gernot