Re: Wiring for my TR4

To: Dennis Barr <tr357@cdsnet.net>
Subject: Re: Wiring for my TR4
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 22:26:52 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: ArthurK101@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Sun, 10 May 1998, Dennis Barr wrote:

> At the the area when the horn wires exit the wrap, I have the following
> wires: 1- purple; 1-purple w/black tracer; 3-purple w/yellow tracers and
> two black. As I cannot find reference to "purple w/yellow tracers" in
> any of my TR4 wiring info, I am puzzled. I found one additional
> purple/yellow along with one black/ground on the other side of the
> engine compartment near where the other horn is located.

Hi; not Art, but Andy here. I don't know for sure, but perhaps your TR4
has a horn relay (or the harness was built with a horn relay in mind).
The purple w/yellow tracers would take the place of the purple w/black
tracers in the older wiring circuits. Those wires go one each to one side
of the horn, and the third one goes to the "C1" terminal of the horn
relay. The purple w/black wire connects the horn push to the "W1"
terminal of the horn relay, and a purple wire feeds the "C2" terminal of
the relay from a fuse for the horn circuit.

At least that's how the TR4A, GT6 and other Triumphs with a horn relay are
wired.

--Andy