Re: Carlisle--Who went?

To: Rikrock@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Carlisle--Who went?
From: McGaheyRx <McGaheyRx@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 22:05:43 EDT
In a message dated 98-05-10 21:11:34 EDT, Rikrock@aol.com writes:

<< I need reports from Carlisle!!  I was planning to be there on Friday.
 Couldn't make it.  Almost went on Saturday.  Didn't make it.  Had an outside
 chance on Sunday, but didn't get near it until 6:30pm...too late!!

 Who bought/sold/saw what?  Who won the car?  Anyone get wet?

I didn't make it on Friday, but the weather was tolerable on Saturday -
the sun actually came out for a while and it only rained for a couple of
minutes right after i put my jacket in the car and promptly stopped right
after i went and got the jacket out of the car again.
Very low turnout on the show field.
The Roadster Factory wasn't there this year. It looked like a lot of
vendors/parts sellers didn't show up i.e. empty spaces here and there.
I went back today(Sun) and the weather was worse and the crowd was
thinner - some vendors went home early. I was disappointed at this
because I really wanted to buy this Lucas vacuum cleaner ad/poster
I had seen the day before ("its made by Lucas so you know it really sucks")
We were planning on staying for the drawing, but it started to really rain
hard right after I put my raincoat back in the car - so we left about 2 pm
- it seemed like everybody was loading up to leave and 2 hours in the
rain was just too long to hang around to try and win a Sprite - although
had it been the earlier bug-eyed model we might have stayed.

So who won the car ?

Jack Mc