[Fwd: Re: Shop costs and rates]

To: Triumph News Group <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [Fwd: Re: Shop costs and rates]
From: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 12:30:01 -0700
Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 12:29:29 -0700
From: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
To: Bob Wanta <bobsauto@iconn.net>
Subject: Re: Shop costs and rates

Bob,

ummm....Bob... you  missed the context there... we were talking about
the home hobbiest, DIY'er, etc.... BOTCHING his home, amateur efforts...
(i.e. not getting the powder coating right)    no one ever implied that
the pros, the shops, would botch the job...

I was responding to a post that suggested that we home enthusiasts
"botch" home efforts more often than not... and that's where the word
came from in regards to this thread!

but to answer your question... YES, I've botched the job in the film
industry... Just last week...  I failed to make a cannon ball fall and
land in a certain position (when dropped from just a foot above the
ground)...     On the next gag.... my rig succeeded... and at that
moment... I pointed out..."Well, I'm sure glad I didn't drop the ball on
this one!"   ...and then there was laughter.

I never suggested for a moment that there weren't "a lot of honest,
professional shops out there that take a lot of pride in their
craftsmanship and guarantee their work to the customer's satisfaction."

Please re-read the posts... and clarify for yourself that you misread
the thread.

--Justin

--Justin