Re: [TR6} Thermal Vacuum Switch replacement?

To: Tomislav Marincic <74137.3420@compuserve.com>, Ted Stevens <stevens@erols.com>
Subject: Re: [TR6} Thermal Vacuum Switch replacement?
From: "Theodore R. Stevens" <stevens@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 09 May 1998 08:52:02 -0400
Cc: Triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
I'm really not sure.  I know the wax plug in the switch expands with heat,
and would block off the vacuum ports as it expands.  I don't know if this
is supposed to happen with "normal" engine heat, or just overheated.  I
just assumed that it closed them off at normal operating temperature, so
they would be open at start-up.  This would make start-up characteristics
different.  Don't know if that means easier start-up or just fewer
emissions at start-up.