TR4 Commision Number question

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR4 Commision Number question
From: HDRIDER570 <HDRIDER570@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 20:55:37 EDT
I am trying to identify the year of a TR4 body tub.  Much of the sheet metal
has been changed but one thing that I did notice is that the front point of
the front fender just past the last regular sized front fender attachment
screws is a small sheet metal screw attaching the inner and outer fenders.
The head diameter is about 1/4".  I looked at CT 22027 and it does not have
this screw.  CT4862 does have it.  Could anyone with a TR4 that falls between
these two numbers please take a minute and check your front fender and let me
know if your car has this screw or not?

To check open the bonnet and look at the inner fender where it comes to a
point by the headlight.  The screw should be within a 1/2" of the tip of the
point just forward of the front large fender mounting screw.

John Hamer.