Re: V8s ....

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: V8s ....
From: Triumph_TR4@ridgecrest.ca.us (Darrell Leach)
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 19:25:17 -0700
Posted-date: Fri, 8 May 1998 19:21:58 -0700 (PDT)
Will O'Brien wrote:

>I'm building a Spitfire with a ford small block 302, still debating over
>the tranny, and using a Dayna 44 solid axle from a CJ series jeep.  Hehehe.
>
>My ultimate goal:
>Make corvette people hate my guts.
>Allright, so that's just a bonus.
>I get to drive a really fast LBC.  What more could you ask for?

Been there, done that.  In 1979 I put a 289 in a 1974 Spit.  A Monza front-
end went under the front, and some kind of Ford rear in the back (don't
remember now).  It was fast, but I never got the rear to hook up right.
Talk about hell on wheels (well, OK, tires), rear tires didn't last two
weeks under that thing.  Unstable as all getout at speed too.  But it was
FUN.

Good binders are a must.

So Long,

Darrell Leach,   KD6LRC   DM-15,   Ridgecrest, Ca
  email: Triumph_TR4@ridgecrest.ca.us
         http://www.ridgecrest.ca.us/~token/PAGE1.html
1962 TR-4 (CT5368LO)  Everyday
1962 TR-4 (CT13108L)
1965 Spitfire Mk 2
1967 Spitfire Mk 3   In work, lots of 1500 stuff
Keeper of the TR-4 List, Version 2.0 availible.