Re: Vickie Brit dashboards and gauge bezels

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Vickie Brit dashboards and gauge bezels
From: cavsct <cavsct@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 20:47:25 -0700
Cc: sdecker@bellsouth.net
Scott Decker wrote:

Anyone familiar with the quality of VB's 'walnut' dashes?

I'd like to use chrome bezels on my gauges instead of the
OE black ones.

-----------------------

I don't know about the quality of Vic Brit dash boards.  I found a
cabinet shop that used my old one as a templet and cut a new one from a
solid piece of mahogany.  Cost about $100.  I finished it myself.

As for the bezels:  I have an '80 spitfire 1500 so I don't know if this
will work with your GT6.  My bezels were black, but pretty scratched
up.  I noticed that the bezels were actually chrome and painted black.
A piece of fine steel wool took off the paint and left the chrome.  The
chrome looks much better than before.

Rob Schuck
'80 Spitfire 1500
'73 MGB