Barnyard TR3A

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Barnyard TR3A
From: "jay pollmann" <thorfinnxx@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 05:42:03 PDT
I took a look at the barn-kept TR3A and here's a run down:

First, it was stored for 15 years in a barn in Albert Lea, MN. It's now
in Sioux Falls, SD, USA. The commision number is TS38901, which makes it
a 58. It looks like they brushed the car with the same paint that was
used on the barn, so it's a shabby looking red. One can see the putty
spots beneath, and there are quite a few and some are quite large. The
body work is really poor, but there's enough slapped on to make it
really difficult to see what's underneath, dents or rust holes. The body
looks pretty straight, though, and there's only one small visible rust
hole in front of the wheel well. The floor boards and the trunk are a
bit spotty, the hood needs re-hinging and the windshield needs
replacement. The main body damage is the front, under-the-grill area.
Its crinkled up as if they hit a stump or snowdrift or god-knows-what.
No wire wheels, it has the steel uglies...The guy wants 2 grand for it,
and he thinks its complete, though the grill is not on the car. I
suppose he has a box o' parts somewhere. If anyone wants anymore info, I
can give you his number or give more specifics. He's a great guy and
also has a 78 Jag xj12 in his garage that he can't sell for 5000, and it
runs like a champ; a fully restored Austin Healy (I think a 300???) and
a half completed Healy for sale. An interesting collection for South
Dakota.