Re: spitfire Convertible Back window repair

To: QAZX57A@prodigy.com (MR DANIEL R CAREY)
Subject: Re: spitfire Convertible Back window repair
From: Albert F Jones <fisher@hctc.net>
Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 14:16:00 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

Hello Daniel,

        Some time ago, a customer had his "window" slashed on his brand new top,
and asked if I could help.  I purchased some heavy duty, clear, vinyl from
a local fabric/craft store.  I made a paper template from the existing
window and cut the piece just slightly larger then I needed, all round.  I
cut out the offending vinyl, and, using my regular sewing machine and a
heavy duty thread, sewed the new piece in place.  I then took a cool-glue
gun and sealed all my stitches on the inside, for weather proofing, and
trimmed off the excess vinyl.   This must have been about three years ago,
and even with the Texas heat it is still going strong.  Hope this helps.

Elizabeth Jones