Re: TR6 fuel injection vs. carbs setups

To: jonmac@ndirect.co.uk, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 fuel injection vs. carbs setups
From: dstauffa@csc.com
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 10:13:02 -0700
There is a difference in the springs inside the distributor.  These are the
little ones that control the advance.

Also the PI differential has a 3.45:1 ratio vs. 3.7:1 for carb models.

If you really want to get into it, the fuel lines and petrol tank are
competely different.  The PI has the petrol outlet going into the boot so
it can flow into fuel filter bolted to the wall of the spare tire well.
Whereas the carb tank line is behind the carboard panels.  Then you have an
electric fuel pump bolted onto the back side of the left rear wheel well
from there you have a line going to a pressure value sitting to the left of
the fuel tank.  From there you have one line going up front to the metering
unit and another going back into the tank.  At the metering unit you have a
return line going back to the tank.  Lot's of plumbing on this car.  I had
to redo all mine plus modify a carb petrol tank because my original had
more rust in it than the Titanic!

Dave
San Diego, Ca
1970 TR6 PI