RE: Electrical woes...

To: "'S. Smart'" <75270.3703@compuserve.com>
Subject: RE: Electrical woes...
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 14:47:31 -0600
Cc: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>

scott, can't help you with the wiring in your car but let me offer this
comment. I recently rewired my buzzer just to see what it sounds like in
action. Suffice it to say that the buzzer with the key in the ignition
is one of the most annoying things I have heard. I concluded this one
evening while working on my car in a way which required frequent exits
from the car to do something under the hood and then back in the car. I
left the key in all this time. Pretty soon the buzzer was a real PITA. I
promptly disconnected it again.

FWIW, I am not against a buzzer which serves to inform me about
something useful (such as leaving the headlights on after shutting off
the engine for example). It's just that the buzzer with the key in the
ignition is not really all that useful (IMO). I don't recall ever
leaving the key in by accident.

Just my $.02. No offence intended.

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)