Re: TR-6 webers

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR-6 webers
From: "S. Smart" <75270.3703@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 16:35:14 -0400
Thanks Tom et al for your thougghts on my Webers.

>> I put on the triple weber DCOEs with cannon manifold.  I also put in a
"3/4 race" cam from IIRC Cal-Cam.  I have never had good performance with
the set up.  At idle there is almost no vacuum.  There is no power until
about 3000 rpm. <<

>  The Webers (DCOE 40's I assume) are pretty much infinitely tuneable &
can be set up for almost anything you can put in that engine. They are
however, touchy to set up.  They require someone who knows what they are
doing, a good supply of parts, and patience.  The cannon manifold is a good
match for the carb engine combo.  I would recommend doing what you wish
with the internals of the engine, then taking it to someone who can set up
the carbs for you.  This will save you much time, aggravation & probably
money (believe it or not).<

I guess I was kind of hoping there was a set up that the cognascenti keep
hidden in notebooks, since it isn't really feasible for the average guy to
experiment (especially considering that everything costs x 6).  Guess
that's wishful thinking!

scott s.